10 Ways to Welcome Your Family and Friends During Your Ceremony
Your welcome provides the opportunity to state the purpose of the occasion and to express gratitude to your family and friends who are sharing this special day in your lives.
1. Family and friends, you have been invited here today to witness, to bless and to celebrate the marriage of ________ and ________. Although this is their day, it is also a tribute to all of you. For knowing you and interacting with you has helped to make ________ and ________ who they needed to be, to find each other.
They would like to thank you all for that. All of you are the threads of which are woven the tapestry of their lives. Each one of you is an important piece in the story it tells. It is the fabric that they wrap around themselves and take comfort in. You all hold a place in their hearts reserved for those that they have chosen to be called, "Family" and "Friends" and they are deeply grateful for each and every one of you here today.
2. Family and friends, we welcome you to this joyous occasion to celebrate the marriage of _______ and ______. Every marriage needs the love, nurturance, and support of a network of friends and family. On this wedding day I ask you not only to be friends of _______ or ________, but the friends of them as a couple. _______ and _______ are grateful that you are here and they will never forget your sharing this special day in their lives.
3. (A Welcome for the couple only, with no guests)
_______ and ______, we have gathered today to witness and to bless the mutual vows that will unite you in marriage. I am honored to be with you in celebrating this special time.
4. Welcome family and friends to this grand celebration of love!
It is truly a blessing for two people to find one another and to love so deeply that they embrace the holy bond of marriage. It is our joy to witness and support _________ and ___________ as they express their love and exchange their vows on their wedding day. On behalf of them, I welcome you all.
5. Family and friends, we gather here today to witness and celebrate an act of deep love. _______ and _________, in their devotion, respect, and love for each other wish to unite in the holy bond of marriage, and to dedicate themselves to each other's happiness and well-being as husband and wife and soul mates. On behalf of them, I welcome you all.
6. Welcome family and friends to this unforgettable day, when _________ and _______ exchange their vows to become husband and wife. What a blessing it is when love finds us. When the person we simply cannot live without crosses our path. It is truly a gift, and this wedding celebrates the uniting on this happy occasion! _____ and _____ are happy that you are here to share on their unforgettable day!
7. Dearly beloveds, we are gathered here in the presence of God, and this company, to join in holy marriage ______ and _______, and to witness the transforming power of love! Love is a quality of spirit, a spiritual art form. Today is a joyous occasion for ___________ and _________ and for us, their family and friends. On behalf of them, I welcome you!
8. Dear ones, you have been invited here today, to witness, to bless and to celebrate the love of ________ and _________. We thank the family and friends that have chosen to be here today to support them on this festive occasion!
9. Dearly Beloveds, we have gathered together before God and you the family and friends to join together _________________________________________ in holy matrimony. They are honored you are here to share in one of the most special events of their lives.
10. Family and friends, we welcome you today in this beautiful celebration of marriage for __________________________. Although this is their day, they are touched by your presence, and feel that we’re also celebrating a reunion of families. The love they feel for one another and their love for you, their family and friends, is palpable. This is the kind of love that changes the world! On behalf of them, I welcome you.